June 30, 2012

Monet's Garden + Apricot Salad


Hello from Paris!

Just a quick post this morning as I was finally able to load some photos on my unreliable laptop! We are spending our last honeymoon days in Paris, but before I share photos from our recent days I wanted to share a few photos of the gorgeous garden of Monet we visited in Giverny and a delicious seasonal salad I made whilst visiting my brother in Provence. 

I hope to be back soon with lots more photos!

Until then,

Have a lovely weekend!






Apricot Salad with Rye Croutons
(serves 2)

5 fresh, ripe apricots
a big handful of rocket
50g walnuts, toasted
2 or 3 rye bread slices with crusts cut off and cut into pieces
1 heaped tablespoon of Herbs de Provence
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar

1. Cut the apricots into wedges and toss with rocket.

2. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and add the rye bread pieces. Season with herbs de Provence and a pinch of salt. Fry for a few minutes, until crisp.

3. Toss the salad with olive oil, balsamic, toasted walnuts and rye croutons. Serve immediately.

10 comments:

  1. Looks like the perfect time of the year for a visit to the garden - it's on my list for my next visit to France.
    Thanks for the salad recipe, I'd never thought of adding fresh apricots to a salad but it's very summery, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous that you are in France, Maria. Congrats on your wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love salads like this. Peppery greens, fresh fruit and crunchy things. So perfect. And the photos of the gardens! So Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great summer salad!! Fresh and delicious. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this salad! Apricots are everywhere and this recipe comes in handy. :-)

    Enjoy your stay in Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have been scrolling up and down your post for the last few minutes S0 enjoying you beautiful garden photos - so warm, colourful and summery whilst I pull my blanket closer around me typing in my oh so cold library! Love the salad: shall bookmark it for summer :) !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monet's garden! Oh, how stunning. I've wanted to go ever since I was a little girl and was given a children's picture book about Monet. One day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! I have always wanted to go to Monet's garden....one of my favourite artists. Looks like you are having an amazing time :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your experiences here on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks delicious I love apricots so much!

    ReplyDelete