November 20, 2012

Grey & White Christmas


This year I'm sticking to pure whites and different shades of grey for my gift wrapping. I'm using a variety of materials and textures, such as yarn, felt, paper and clay to create decorations and gift tags. I've used plain white paper with ribbons and strings, clay tags and buttons to personalise parcels. Hand stitched string-tie envelopes are another fun way to pack cards or even small cookies or lollies as gifts.

Yarn pom pom dotted with hand-stitched felt stars is a fun and easy project to make (you can look up yarn pom pom instructions anywhere online, there are heaps). I will do a round-up of different holiday garlands too sometime soon.





8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Maria!

    Wonderful Xmas inspiration.
    I can smell the mangoes, the salty air and eucalyptus all the way to Sweden and the tropical Australian Xmas spirit is vividly lingering in my memory.
    I can't believe I am about to embark on my second Swedish xmas since we moved here last year. Time flies and our traditions have evolved into a mix of Australian and Swedish. It's just wonderful!

    Hope all is well with you guys and that you are enjoying the sprint into Summer.

    x Charlotta

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna use salt dough to make my labels this year. I want to make my wrappings 'old' Swedish with yarn, wool and pine needles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative indeed! I like the colour scheme, almost like a white and silver Christmas which I think is very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great!! May I ask where you got coloured twine from? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! The twine is from B&M - http://www.bandmstore.com.au/

      Delete